- Processes & Regulations
Processes & Regulations
Please be aware of the main processes and regulations related to your shipments.
New: Letter of Protest (Claim Notice) - Brazilian law 10.406 of Januray 10th, 2002 - Art. 754
Any correction in SISCOMEX-CARGA, will be made by electronic signature.
Please contact our local team to request the documentation and solve any doubts.
1. Shipment Instruction Submission
In order to submit the Shipping Instruction to us please proceed with your registration in our eCommerce.
Please download the User Guide on “How to submit the Shipping Instructions for Brazil”. Manual available only in portuguese.
If you have further questions, please contact our Customer Service.
2. LAR - Late Arrival Request
- All brazilian ports (except Vila do Conde): The Late Arrival Request should be submitted to: [email protected], up to 3 hours before the cargo/documentation deadline.
- Vila do Code port: The Late Arrival Request (LAR) should be submitted to: [email protected], attaching the file “Solicitação LAR SB – BRVLD”
IMPORTANT: In additional to the request by e-mail, the physical Late Arrival Request (LAR) proper approved by Customs (RFB) must be delivered to the terminal within 2 hours before the cargo/documentation deadline.
3. Export Cargo Release
ONE FACILITY (IN PLACE AS OF MAY 1ST, 2018):
Customer is required to access our payment tool at: https://epaymentbr.one-line.com, menu “UPLOADS”, find the option “DOCUMENTAÇÃO – BL” e upload the following documents:
- Export Declaration (DLE), in Portuguese, duly signed. Please download:
- Company oficial document hard copy to assure the legal representant’ signature legitimacy.
The required documents will be checked and a PIN will be provided to allow customer to withdrawl the BLs at the Agency.
4. Export BL Corrections
A BL Draft without ocean freight rate will be available for you in the link: www.one-line.com for you to review. In case you do not review it, the system will confirm it is good to be printed.
Via site: Untill Vessel departure every correction request can be done via our eCommerce tool.
Free of Charge: After the 1st SI, only one request for BL Correction will be accepted without any costs, since it is requested within 24 hours (deadline de draft) published in our website. Exception: After SI draft deadline, if the route and destination of the shipment is some of them (USA, Puerto Rico, Canada, South Africa, China, Japan and any other country with advanced manifest submission), the resubmission manifest charge - 50 USD - is subjected to destination/transhipment Customs country. As of the 2nd Correction Request, it will be subject to costs - even if it is submitted within the maximum 24 hours of deadline. All corrections requested after 24 hours from the published deadline are subject to cost.
After Vessel Departure: BL Corrections can be requested directly to the Customer Service Department, e-mail: [email protected].
BRL 430 per correction: Applicable for BL Corrections requested after above mentioned period up to the fifth day after vessel departure. Exceptions BsL already validated by Customs within this period.
BRL 1000,00 per correction: Applicable for BL Correction requested after the fifth day after vessel departure or export documentation already validated by Customs. In this case, it is also necessary the presentation of the Letter of Indemnity and related documents which are necessary to perform the correction.
Remarks: There will be an incidence of the XTX - late penalty fee in the amount of USD 50.00 on the correction costs, if it remains unpaid for a period of more than 24 hours on shipments made for more than 14 days. We indicate the immediate settlement of correction payments so that there is no incidence of this rate on the value of the correction.
More information about XTX, please check at Rates and Surcharges
5. Special Cargoes
1. Booking Request and mandatory documents for approval of Dangerous Goods:
After booking request via system, you are required to send all below listed documents via e-mail to [email protected] mentioning the booking number to start the Dangerous Goods approval process:
- Dangerous Cargo Application Form
- MSDS - Material Safety Data Sheet** Form
- Type-Approval Certificate for Packing (when required)
2. Mandatory Documents for Dangerous Cargo
Besides above listed documents, we also reinforce the need of sending below documentation related to the Dangerous Cargo Exports from Brazil or in transit by Brazilian Ports:
Deadline for submission is: Deadline of IMO B/L Draft published in our website.
1. *MGDF (Multimodal Dangerous Goods Form)
2. Dangerous Goods Emergency Form (ANEXO VIII da NR 29)
3.Tank Certificate (for tank container loading)
4. **Weathering Certificate (in case is required for that specific cargo)
*For these documents, is also required to deliver soft copies to the local offices/agents which please consult with Customer Service for additional information.
**This document is mandatory for Manaus loadings. You are required to send it via e-mail and also to deliver 1 soft copy to local office in Manaus.
The team in charge of Dangerous Goods approval could require further information or additional documents before final approval.
Please find below the mandatory documents, related deadlines and documents submission policy for Scrap shipment:
- LOI (Letter of indemnity) for SCRAP shipment (Portuguese only):
- Letter of Indemnity - Scrap (Portuguese only):
P.S.: Both documents duly filled and signed by exporter or the attorney-in-fact.
- Copy of Articles of Association and Power of Attorney, to assure the legal representant signature legitimacy
- PSIC (Pre Shipment Inspection Certificate) for cargoes which destination is India or any countries within African continent.
- Deadline for documentation submission has changed.
- LOI must be submitted within the Draft Deadline published on our local website.
- LOI will now be submitted by electronic signature via Docusign tool.
If any questions or further assistance required, kindly find contatct information below:
E-MAIL: [email protected]
Tel.: +55 (13) 3500 6330
- Any problems or costs incurred by the non-submission of the documents within the indicated deadline and formats will be under customers' responsibility.
1 - Unlocking on SISCOMEX Import B's/L Load
To perform the unlock in SISCARGA, it is necessary to comply with 3 requirements, as described below:
2. Upload to the ePayment website of the DLI (Declaration of Release of Import) and the Social Contract and / or Power of Attorney of the company, being the last document necessary for the purposes of proving the powers of the legal representative who signs the DLI.
3. Presentation of 1-way original B/L and 2-way standard ONE memorandum (ONE Memorandum) in one of ONE's branches in Brazilian ports. The addresses of our agents in the ports can be found here.
After meeting the above requirements, ONE will validate the documentation for subsequent unlocking of the Mercante CE in the SISCOMEX Cargo.
If you have any questions, please contact our team dedicated to import customer service, by [email protected] or by phone (13) 3500-6331.
2 - Import B's/L Fixes
The corrections of the Import B's/L can be requested from our dedicated customer service team, through the email [email protected], and follow the deadlines stipulated below:
- Corrections made within the change period in SISCOMEX Cargo (Mercante): Requested up to 3 working days before the mooring of the ship in the first Brazilian port, upon acceptance of the port of origin of the cargo.
- Corrections made outside the change deadline in SISCOMEX Cargo (Mercante): Requested within less than 3 working days before the arrival of the ship in the first Brazilian port, and it is also necessary to present the Term of Responsibility (LOI) and other documents that are necessary. The correction is subject to acceptance of the port of origin of the cargo and approval by the Brazilian Internal Revenue Service.
3 - Unloading dangerous cargo
Os documentos relacionados abaixo devem ser enviados por e-mail, para [email protected], em até cinco (5) dias antes da atracação do navio no primeiro porto brasileiro:
a) This requirement is based on Articles 7 and 8 of Antaq Resolution 2239; in Articles 22.214.171.124.1 and 126.96.36.199.1 of NR 29 (Regulatory Standard for Safety and Health at Work); and in resolution DIPRE 292/CODESP - Santos;
b) MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) in English may be requested at the port of shipment of the cargo according to operational needs.
c) Any problems and/or costs arising from the non-submission of these documents within the time limit and formats indicated, will be the sole responsibility of the customer.
For general information of routes guidelines or weight and measurement restrictions please contact our Customer Service Department.
User Guides (In Portuguese)
To check User Guides in English, please go to our eCommerce Applications' related subject.
And to download our User Guide specific for Brazil usage, please download from below. User guides available in Portuguese only.
<How to request a booking>
<How to check Booking Status>
<How to submit the Shipping Instruction>
<How to input VGM number in our eCommerce>
<Location change for export originals issue>
<Registration for receipt of PIN>
<ONE Customer Forms.2020>
<Protest letter procedure>
<Uploads of documentation>
<Annual term uploads>
<How to creat reports in the eCommerce>
Any questions, please contact our Customer Service.
Find all Forms related to Export & Import processes in Brazil in alphabetical order:
Container Round Use Agreement - DRY (English only)
Container Round Use Agreement - REEFER (English only)
Dangerous Cargo Application (English only)
Dangerous Goods Emergency Form
Declaration - Export
Declaration - Import
Extra Container Seal (English only)
Letter of Indemnity - Equipment Damage (Portuguese only):
Letter of Indemnity - Total Loss of the Container (Portuguese only):
Letter of Indemnity - Scrap (Portuguese only):
Letter of Indemnity - Annual Export (TLA Export)
Letter of Indemnity - Annual Import - (TLA Import)
RESPONSIBILITY FOR EQUIPMENT
Container Service Charge (CVC Encarte)
TRA (Termo de responsabilidade de avarias)
Table of Compensations for the Total Loss of Containers
Total Value to
|20DRY - D2||
|40DRY - D4||
40HCD - D5
40HCD - D7
20RF - R2
40HRC - CA
20FL - F2
40FL - F4
20OT - O2
40OT - O4
Effective as of Jan 1, 2019 - Values are subject to change without previous notice.
ONE’ GENERAL CONDITIONS AND BUSINESS PRACTICIES IN BRAZIL
This document governs OCEAN NETWORK EXPRESS's business practices in Brazil with its business partners.